Trust Restaurant Group (TRG) continues their expansion into San Diego’s North County with their second The Wise Ox Butcher coming to Carlsbad. TRG is also preparing to open their second Rare Society in Solana Beach in late summer.
The Wise Ox La Costa Fast Facts
- Located at The Beacon shopping center on the southeast corner of El Camino Real and La Costa Avenue.
- 1,314 square feet, The Wise Ox La Costa will feature a similar footprint to the North Park original, with an oversized butcher case filled with classic (and hard-to-find) chef-approved meats, fridges stocked with prepared items, stocks, sauces and marinated meats, local beer, and a robust wine selection.
- The butcher case will feature the same restaurant-quality cuts as North Park – giving TRG’s North County friends the chance to bring home what the cooks use in the TRG kitchens to enjoy at home.
- Decor-wise, the space will be light and bright, embodying the classic butcher shop aesthetic TRG developed at the North Park shop. The big difference will be an expanded patio and no smoker.
- The food menu will feature the same sandwiches from the North Park shop including breakfast sandwiches, Philly Cheesesteak, Double Cheeseburger, Dry Aged Burger, and more.
- Scheduled opening: November 2020
- Why Carlsbad? Chef Brad Wise used to live up the hill from The Beacon and wanted to introduce the brand to this neighborhood. This community regularly drives south to dine at Trust, Fort Oak, Rare Society and Cardellino, so now they’ll have an opportunity to experience TRG quality and the TRG brand closer to home.
- For more information, visit www.thewiseoxsd.com or connect on Instagram @thewiseoxsd.