Restaurants around San Diego are rolling out new menus to reflect the changing of seasons, including Mendocino Farms, The Oceanaire, Café Gratitude and Mister A’s.
Swing into spring with clean eating made easy at Mendocino Farms Downtown San Diego! The new Spring 2020 menu Introduces two exclusive seasonal items: Mrs. Goldfarb’s Unreal Reuban and The Keto Club Lettuce Wrap. Mrs. Goldfarb’s Unreal Reuben Sandwich is a fully satisfying vegetarian version of a classic NY deli corned beef Reuben. This sandwich comes with savory Mrs. Goldfarb’s “unreal” corned beef, smokey 1000 island, creamy apple-celery root slaw, and sweet, bright housemade bread & butter pickles, and melty havarti cheese on panini-pressed rye. The Keto Club Lettuce Wrap is protein-packed with good fats from avocado and nutrients from broccoli sprouts and topped off with a house made ranch made with fresh herbs and bright pickled veggies instead of sugar.
In addition to the seasonal offerings Mendo has added some permanent additions to their healthful menu: The Italiano Classico, an upscale version of a classic hoagie featuring Italian salami, capicola, honey ham, dijonaise, provolone, spicy giardiniera, tomatoes, and romaine lettuce on a toasted sesame roll; and the crave-able Bistro Streak, which combines carved steak with dijonaise, basil pesto, caramelized onion jam, roasted tomatoes, and arugula with a squeeze of fresh lemon on a toasted sesame roll.
As Spring season comes to a start, lobster season comes to an end. Enjoy the last of the buttery and sweet shellfish during Lobster Lover’s Week at The Oceanaire. From March 14th-March 31st enjoy a three-course lobster menu including a lobster avocado toast with crusty fresh sourdough, lobster carbonara, and a crab stuffed lobster tail served with truffle bearnaise sauce for $69/person.
As the days get increasingly longer you’ll need more energy to play outside and soak up the sun. Luckily San Diego’s favorite plant-based restaurant, Café Gratitude, has rolled out a revamped breakfast menu to start your morning off right!
- Hospitable Chicken & Waffles plated with chicken-fried oyster mushrooms, maple syrup and cashew coconut whipped cream
- Content Spinach & Olive Quiche packed with ‘Just Egg,’ kalamata olives, tomato, onion, cashew feta and spicy aioli, accompanied by a side salad with pickled carrots
- Hearty Housemade Tofu Scramble prepared with sautéed mushrooms and spinach, cherry tomato confit, smashed breakfast potatoes, toasted country levain and roasted strawberries
- Bello Baked Italian Frittata with housemade marinara, almond coconut burrata, tomato confit, focaccia crostini, gremolata and garlic breadcrumbs
- Sustained Multi-Grain Turmeric Oatmeal made with buckwheat, steel cut oats, red quinoa, ginger, banana, roasted strawberries, hempseeds, maple toasted seeds, and your choice of almond or coconut milk
Gentle Banana Bread baked in-house
March 19th marks the first day of spring, making it the ideal time to dine at Mister A’s patio! Enjoy the vivid show as our skies become hues of reds and oranges until sunset, perfectly paired with Mister A’s seasonal menu sourced exclusively from local and Californian farmers and purveyors.
With a deep love and respect for sustainable produce, Chefs Stephane Voitzwinkler and Michael Bolen embrace California’s micro-seasonal ingredients and grants dinners the opportunity to experience an array of inventive fare, including house-made vinegars, miso, koji and kombucha, igniting an unparalleled flavor in every dish.
Menu highlights include:
First of the Season English Peas that are young and tender served with a lemon gelèe, mint, chamomile, and crème fraiche
California Passmore Ranch “Select” Caviar served with sunchoke pancakes, house fermented koji cream and blackberry vinegar plated with sunflower petals.
Pacific Gold Oysters served with capered sweet alyssum petals and house koji oil
- 898 Squash a special squash that packs concentrated sweetness served with roasted house fermented koji, black tea molé, honeynut vinaigrette, and finished with a punch of fresno chile
- Local Swordfish from the San Diego pacific and sourced by local fishermen served with aleppo pepper, pomegranate, and a bright meyer lemon beurre blanc
Oliver’s Pork Chop served with Napa cabbage, tepary beans native to Southwestern US, elderberries, and in season green garlic