Tahona’s Winter Menu: Available now, Executive Chef Adrian Villareal has released several new “antojitos” (snacks), shareable entrees and desserts to enjoy well into winter. Additions include:
- Beet Salad with blackberry, yogurt, dill, walnuts, and watercress
- Tamal: squash blossom, huitlacoche with acorn squash
- Confit Chicken with barley mushroom risotto, huitlacoche, winter greens and sunchoke chips
- Pulpo Pipian: grilled octopus, roasted Brussels sprouts, kale chicharron and pipian mole
- Sweet Tamal: caramelized apples, whipped cream and flower crumble
- Flan: Mexican custard, cornmeal and candied acorn squash
Prohibition Party at Oculto 477: On Thursday, December 5 between 5 p.m. and 12 a.m. the newly opened Oculto 477, a Prohibition-style speakeasy hidden inside Tahona, honors the anniversary of the United States’ historic repeal of Prohibition by encouraging guests to dress up circa 1920s fashions and sip from a menu of historic cocktails within San Diego’s newest secret space. Guests can choose from a selection of historically significant drinks created by bartenders of yesteryear, from Shims and Sours to Old Fashioneds and Fizzes. During this evening, Tahona will also offer a special drink menu throughout its bar and dining area, to include two of Oculto 477’s concoctions for those who don’t wander their way into the secret speakeasy. Walk-ins are welcome; dinner reservations at Tahona can be made at www.tahonabar.com.