‘Tis the season to get figgy, so celebrate by making a batch of your very own fig bread pudding for your next big holiday gathering. Rest assured, Fig Tree Café in Liberty Station has honed the art of the fig to yield a tried-and-true fig bread pudding recipe well-suited to any holiday occasion. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to amaze your guests!
Fig Bread Pudding Recipe
Recipe Courtesy of Fig Tree Café Liberty Station
Serving Size: 4
- Brioche bread (16-ounce loaf)
- 10 egg yolks
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup spiced rum
- 1/2 cup dry mission figs (cut into pieces)
- 6 x 6 x 2-1/2 baking pan
- Cut the brioche bread into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Whip egg yolks and brown sugar together and set aside.
- Add cream, vanilla and rum. Mix for another few minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add bread cubes into mixed ingredients.
- Coat baking pan with butter, and pour ingredients into baking pan. Sprinkle fig pieces over batter.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil; bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil and cook uncovered for 5 minutes
- Let cool, cut into four slices, and serve with a scoop of your favorite gelato, caramel drizzle, or powdered sugar.