June 18th is International Sushi Day, and if there’s anything Fig Tree Café does best, it’s blurring the lines between breakfast, lunch and dinner, so you can enjoy your favorite meals any time of day! Kick off the occasion the right way with Fig Tree Café’s recipe for Breakfast Sushi provided below. www.figtreeeatery.com·
Recipe courtesy of Fig Tree Cafe
Serving Size: 3 Rolls
- 4 cups Jasmine rice
- 4 cups water
- 4 ea. whole eggs
- 1/2 cup scallions, diced
- 3 ea. bacon*
- 3 fl. oz. plum sauce
*option to use “Man Candy” bacon (see recipe below)
- Add Jasmine rice to water and cook.
- Mix eggs and scramble in pan until soft (not cooked all the way).
- Add scallions and rice to eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Using a 4-inch aluminum ring, line the bottom inside of the ring with bacon.
- Fill the rest of the ring with the egg, scallion and rice mix.
- Repeat this step two times, making three separate rolls.
- Top each roll with 1 fluid ounce of plum sauce.
Man Candy Bacon
- 1 lb. 10/12 applewood bacon
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pre heat oven at 350 degrees.
- Mix all of the ingredients together and place on aluminum tray.
- Place in oven for 10 to 15 min until bacon is cooked.