The Pendry San Diego presents Provisional Kitchen and Nason’s Beer Hall, two of the hotel’s stylish dining and drinking destinations.
- Nason’s features a selection of local and international beers, globally inspired comfort food and vintage bar games. Its name pays homage to Nason & Co. Farmer’s Market, which occupied the unique space in the early 1900s. Open daily from 3 p.m. to midnight, the bar features nearly 50 beers on draft, in bottles and cans that include local craft flavors alongside traditional German-style beers, select wines and classic cocktails too. With everything from bar snacks and brew-friendly entrees to sharable plates, including Nason’s classic housemade, buttery soft pretzel paired with violet mustard; a savory Belgian waffle with maple-roasted cauliflower; the Nason’s Burger topped with bacon and mustard jam and served on a pretzel roll, and even a vegetarian eggplant schnitzel breaded with pretzel crumbs. For the non-beer lovers: Nason’s offers cocktails including the East Side Rickey with Beefeater gin, mint, cucumber, lime, sugar and soda, and the El Diablo that combines Cabeza Tequila, lime, ginger syrup, crème de cassis and soda.
Provisional Kitchen — All-day dining in a stunning, high-design greenhouse
- Designed in partnership with Raan and Lindsay Parton from Los Angeles’ innovative retail concept, Alchemy Works, Provisional is a restaurant-marketplace hybrid featuring seasonal fare and gourmet takeaway options. The all-day food and drink venue offers breakfast, lunch, dinner and brunch. Mornings start in the cafe with a Vittoria Coffee espresso bar and light breakfast bites. At lunchtime, pull up your laptop and enjoy a grilled trip-tip salad, or truffle pesto wood-fired pizza at one of many sun-dappled communal dining tables. As the sun sets, celebrate making it through yet another day with a transaction at Provisional’s Moet & Chandon vending machine….and pair that Champagne with Dungeness crab cakes, 24 ounce bone-in rib eye, fresh linguine or venus clams. The light-filled communal dining space, centered by an open kitchen, features bistro tables and a retail space set within a greenhouse, where guests can shop a curated collection of homeware, ceramics, apothecary items, pantry staples and jewelry.
A few exciting upcoming happenings at Nason’s:
- Nightmare on J Street — October 31 starting at 3 p.m. : Come lurch down J Street this Halloween night for a haunted happy hour at Nason’s Beer Hall, featuring wicked craft beer and candy pairings and live music. Transform into your spookiest getup for a costume contest starting at 9 p.m. The winner will receive a one-night stay at the Pendry and dinner or brunch for two at Nason’s, while the runner-up will receive dinner for two at Provisional. At $6 per pairing, save the tricks for later and enjoy the following sweet treats:
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup with Mother Earth Cali Creamin’
- Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bar with AleSmith Speedway Stout
- Kit Kat with Karl Strauss Red Trolley
- Candy corn with Radeberger Pilsner
- Starbust with Modern Times Fruitlands
- Watch the Game with a Pro — November 4 at 12 p.m. : Join Nason’s Beer Hall at Pendry San Diego and former San Diego Chargers center (and Purdue alumni) Nick Hardwick and football friends on Saturday, Nov. 4 at 12 p.m. when Purdue plays rival Illinois for a VERY special, up close and personal, watch-with-the-pros game. Take in the game with Hardwick and friends, and enjoy food and beverage specials such as $6 draft beers, $9 wines and $5 game time-friendly snacks, including chef’s jerky flight, board of pickled local vegetables, cornbread topped with maple butter and more. Hardwick and friends will be there throughout the game to take pictures, sign autographs and take in the game of the season! When all is said and done, Pendry San Diego will donate a percentage of proceeds to County of San Diego Foster and Adoptive Resource Family Services, the charity of Hardwick’s choice. Cheers to your favorite rival catching one Hail Mary that you’ll never forget to win it all!