Trust Restaurant Group’s Mission Hills scoop shop is celebrating National Ice Cream month in July, and handcrafted, chef-created ice cream is the ideal solution to beat the summer heat. With new flavors being released, contests to be had, and ice cream to be eaten, there is no better way to chill out during one of the hottest months of the year.
To make the July event even sweeter, Mr. Trustee is going to create a special release “Fan Fave Flavor.” Starting June 24 through July 2, San Diegans are invited to share ideas for the creamiest and dreamiest creations via ballots at the scoop shop or via Mr. Trustee’s Instagram. The winning flavor will be scooped up on July 18 and $1 from every pint sold will be donated to Ice Cream for Change.
The full schedule of limited edition flavors is outlined below:
- July 2 – Red, White, & Blueberry (Lavender Vanilla Ice Cream, Raspberry Sorbet, Blueberry Sorbet, Buttery Oat Streusel)
- July 15 – Lemon Meringue Pie (Re-Release)
- July 16 – The Friendly Flavor Collab (flavor TBD)
- July 17 – Maker’s Mark Peach Melba (Buttermilk Ice Cream, Charred Peach Sorbet, Maker’s Mark Almond Frangipane, Raspberry Coulis)
- July 18 – Fan Fave Flavor ( $1 from every Fan Fave Flavor pint goes towards Ice Cream For Change)
Scooping hours are Wednesday & Thursday from 2 pm to 10 pm and Friday through Sunday from 12 pm to 10 pm. Guests can also currently find Mr. Trustee ice cream on the dessert menus at sibling restaurants Trust, Fort Oak, Rare Society, and Cardellino, as well as the freezer case at The Wise Ox.