Do gumdrops, fruitcake and cranberry old-fashioned cocktails spark a little holiday joy and bring back festive winter memories for you?
This festive season, ring in the holidays in style at LA’s sexiest and most sophisticated hotels – with cuisine and cocktails guaranteed to bring holiday cheer. As we sit on the cusp of a new decade, savor the final days of 2019 as you hit the hottest hotels and restaurants in the city of angels. Below are some local options for you and your friends to jingle on!
The Hollywood Roosevelt | Hollywood, CA
About: The famed Hollywood Roosevelt’s Tropicana café is situated beside David Hockney’s iconic pool mural and is the ideal setting for a quintessential Southern Californian Christmas. The sexiest setting in the city offering mouthwatering cuisine- this oasis-style café will fulfill Angeleno’s and tourist’s holiday dreams.
Festive menu highlights: Pricing is $65 per person for a delectable three course family style meal.
- Pomegranate Mule – Belvedere vodka, fresh lemon juice, pomegranate juice, ginger syrup + fever tree ginger beer
- Hubbard Squash Soup – toasted pine nuts + thyme
- Roasted Beef Tenderloin – sour cheery cognac glaze
- Buche de Noel – crunchy praline mousse, gold leaf, wild berries + espresso crème anglaise
Hotel Casa del Mar | Santa Monica, CA
Casa’s signature restaurant, Catch, features panoramic views of the California coastline and tables adjacent to stunning sunsets, nightly live music and a raw bar. This oceanfront restaurant is a must-visit for modern American seafood.
Festive cocktail highlights: Whether a Scrooge or Santa’s helper, guests will be feeling merry after enjoying these boozy delights:
- Winter by the Sea – Bourbon, rye, espresso, orgeat, ginger snap, clove, agave
- Hachiya Smash – Persimmon jam, lemon, roiboss tea, aquafaba, soda, nutmeg
- Casa Mai Tai – Plantation rum, zacapa 23 rum, orgeat, cointreau, lime
Shutters on the Beach | Santa Monica, CA
Skip the snow and spend the holidays by the water at the iconic Shutters on the Beach. A legacy beachfront destination in Southern California, the sunset views from Shutters are unparalleled with stunning views of the Pacific (just a few steps away!) in a sophisticated yet cozy ambience.
Festive cocktail highlights:
- Knob Creek Hot Toddy – Knob creek bourbon, honey syrup, lemon, cinnamon
- Black Strap Egg Nog – cruzan black strap rum, bulleit bourbon, egg nog, whipped cream, nutmeg
- Dominicana – Bacardi 8yr aged rum, café lolita, hot coco, cinnamon
- Happy Shopper – peppermint schnapps, kahlua, hot coco
westdrift | Manhattan Beach, CA
On December 25, from 12-4pm Jute Coastal Bar + Kitchen at westdrift Manhattan Beach will be open for a Christmas buffet brunch with bottomless champagne. Pricing is $75 for adults and $35 for children, with a 20% discount for hotel guests.
Festive cocktail highlights: If you can’t make it in for Christmas, they’re currently offering a Naughty vs. Nice cocktail menu:
- Bad Santa – Tito’s Vodka, Pomegranate Juice, Lemon Juice, Sugar, Fresh Ginger
- Naughty Rudolph – Ginger Ale, Mario Cherries, Vodka, Vanilla Syrup
- Hot Toddy – Lemon Wedges, Honey Syrup, Bourbon
- Egg Nog – Knob Creek Bourban, Cruzan Black Strap Rum, Egg Nog, Fresh Whipped Cream
Mastro’s Restaurants | LA and surrounding area
Looking for a little luxury this season? Don your favorite fur coat and head over to Mastro’s to try their most festive cocktail yet.
- Holiday Cheer Cocktail – Tito’s Vodka, Kerrygold Irish Cream, Kalua and Liquor 43
Islands Restaurants | LA and surrounding area
Island’s seasonal cocktails offered during the holiday season will make you feel as though you’ve been whisked away to kokomo. Although, can Angelenos really complain about winter weather?
- CranMerry Mule – Vodka, cranberry puree, ginger beer & sweet and sour
- Merry Mochatini – Patron XO Cafe, Vodka, Baileys, chocolate syrup and topped with whipped cream & cocoa powder