Restaurants and their employees are among the hardest hit during the COVID-19 pandemic. Yet again, many are laid off, furloughed and out of work right before the holiday season. Trust Restaurant Group – with five restaurants in San Diego including Trust, Fort Oak, Cardellino + Mr. Trustee, Rare Society and The Wise Ox Butchery and Eatery – has launched a community initiative to gift three-course steak dinners to restaurant workers who are now unemployed due to the latest shut down and restrictions.
TRG has kick-started the campaign by providing $5,000 for the first 150 meals. The team is asking loyal patrons, vendors and those who haven’t been financially affected to pre-purchase dinners that will be distributed to the affected restaurant community.
Each meal is $35 and will include:
- Caesar Salad with lemon, fried anchovy and pecorino
- House-Made Parker House Rolls
- Wood-Grilled Steak with whipped potatoes, green beans and bacon
- Mini Rare Society Butter Cake with sour cream ice cream and whipped Chantilly
- A note of support and encouragement from each donor.
Meals will be available for pick up starting Wednesday, December 16 at Rare Society located at 4130 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92103 and will be distributed as long as meals are in the “bank”.
Steak dinners can be purchased by visiting https://raresocietysd.com/industry/