The 2020 Kentucky Derby was pushed back from May to Saturday, September 5th, and barleymash, in the Gaslamp Quarter, is celebrating with themed food and drink specials throughout the day!
Although there won’t be fans in the stands at the actual Derby, barleymash has partnered with Woodford Reserve and G.H. Mumm Champagne for a day of fun, with plenty of patio seating and spots to watch the race.
Food specials include:
- Hot Brown Sliders – 3 open-faced sliders piled high with roasted turkey, bacon, and white cheddar cheese sauce.
- Derby Delight – creamy cucumber, dill dip, pretzel crostini’s, carrot and celery sticks, and a deviled egg.
Drink deals are as follows:
- Classic Mint Julep – made with Woodford Reserve Bourbon, fresh mint, sugar, and crushed ice.
- Derby Old Fashioned – Woodford Reserve Bourbon, bitters, and sugar.
- Mumm Brut Champagne – $12 per glass, $40 for the bottle.
Drink specials will be available all day, and food specials begin at 1:00 p.m. barleymash is located at 600 Fifth Avenue, San Diego CA 92101