The return of football is a perfect excuse to enjoy game day cocktails. And thanks to CaliFino Tequila, San Diego’s newest brand of liquor, here are some fantastic cocktail recipes to impress your guests come game day.
Every good football watch party deserves a celebratory cocktail and CaliFino’s Touchdown Celebration Margarita is great for raising a glass after your team scores! Spicy muddled jalapeño and bell peppers compliment the citrus juices, making this beverage one for the books.
Touchdown Celebration Margarita
- 2 oz Califino Reposado Tequila
- ½ oz orange juice
- ½ oz lime juice
- ¾ oz orange curacao
- ½ oz rosé syrup
- lime wedge
- 1 tbsp coarse salt
- muddled jalapeño and bell pepper
- Run a lime wedge around the outer rims of glass and dip rim in salt, then set aside.
- Pour muddle jalapeño and bell pepper, tequila, orange curacao and rosé syrup in a cocktail shaker.
- Fill with ice, then shake until combined.
- Strain in glass over fresh ice cubes.
- Squeeze a slice of fresh lime and fresh orange.
- Add a slice of lime for garnish.
Tensions may be high if you’re watching the game with fans of the opposing team, but you can keep things light with theLa Paloma Cooler. Fresh citrus flavors make this cocktail perfect for sipping throughout September, when the weather still tends to be warm in San Diego!
La Paloma Cooler
- 1 oz CaliFino Reposado Tequila
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 bottle Mexican grapefruit soda (i.e. Jarritos)
- Rub the rim of a highball glass with lime wedge; invert glass in a small dish of coarse salt, twisting to coat rim.
- Fill glass halfway with ice, 1 teaspoon lime juice and 1 oz CaliFino Reposado Tequila.
- Top with Mexican grapefruit soda and stir.
- Place cored-out lime half in drink and enjoy!
If you can’t decide between cracking open a bottle of cold beer or creating a game-day perfect cocktail, Beer Margaritas are the ideal solution. The combo of sweetness of the limeade and the chilled brew make for a refreshing drink that can be created in a pitcher for all to share.
Serving Size: 4
- ½ c. chilled CaliFino Reposado Tequila
- 2 (12-ounce) bottles of chilled beer (Dos Equis, Coronas or Blue Moon are just a few great options)
- ½ c. frozen concentrate limeade, thawed.
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- ¼ c. coarse salt
- ice cubes
- Rub lime wedges around the rims of 4 margarita glasses.
- Dip each rim into salt to coat lightly.
- In a medium sized pitcher, combine beer, tequila and limeade. (Can use more limeade concentrate to make cocktail sweeter)
- Fill prepared glasses with ice, then with margarita mixture.
- Garnish with remaining lime wedges.