Fish Shop’s three locations – Pacific Beach, Encinitas and Point Loma – all serve the freshest fish in the neighborhood, and the casual lunch and dinner joint has some seasonal favorite dishes they know locals and visitors to San Diego will fall in love with.
- Warm up with Fish Shop’s piping hot bowl of classic Clam Chowder, available in a cup, bowl or bread bowl you can use to soak up all the chowder. You can also enjoy the Fish Shop Chowder, which is the classic chowder with added Andouille sausage!
- Let Fish Shop’s Stew, made with assorted fresh fish simmered in a house-made tomato broth, warm your soul.
The Pacific Beach and Encinitas Fish Shop locations also feature a fish case, where guests can purchase fresh fish by the pound to take home and prepare. Seabass and salmon are two excellent choices and both spots also offer a seasonal catch! You can cook the fish anyway you’d like, and serve with a side of veggies in season, or see below for a unique, fall-flavored fish recipe.
Orange Maple Baked Salmon
Serving size: 4
- Four 6 oz. salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 1 orange (for zest and juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small saucepan on medium to high heat, whisk together maple syrup, orange zest, 1/4 cup orange juice (from orange), salt and pepper.
- Once thickened, remove from heat and whisk in mustard.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, and place salmon fillets on baking sheet (skin-side down).
- Once mixture has cooled slightly, brush over salmon fillets.
- Cook for 10 – 12 minutes, or until fish flakes easily.
This dish is best enjoyed with rice and/or veggies, like green beans or broccoli!