The San Diego Museum of Art’s popular Culture & Cocktails takes place on Thursday, July 25th from 6-10 p.m. and will be themed Angels and Saints after the Museum’s exhibition, Art & Empire: The Golden Age of Spain, currently on view through 9/2/19.
Art & Empire: The Golden Age of Spain features a diverse selection of more than 100 outstanding works produced by leading artists from Spain and its global territories. Artists featured include Diego Velázquez, Peter Paul Rubens, Bartolomé Esteban Murillo, Francisco de Zurbarán, Jusepe de Ribera, El Greco, Juan de Valdés Leal, Juan Sánchez Cotán, and many more. This exhibition marks the first time since 1935 that all five of the Spanish masters represented on the Museum’s building façade—Velázquez, Murillo, Zurbarán, Ribera and El Greco—will be shown together at the Museum.
In addition to the exhibition, party goers can look forward to:
- Enjoying custom-brewed beer from SouthNorte Beer Co., created specially with SDMA and inspired by the featured exhibition – an image of SouthNorte beer Co. on their quest to find ingredients for the special beer that will be served is attached (photo provided by SouthNorte Beer Co.).
- Sipping on “The Archangel,” a signature cocktail made with blonde rum, cherry pomegranate wine, crème de cassis, lemon, cinnamon demerara, and soda water
- Making their own sacred halo to wear during the evening event
- Watching performances by SACRA/PROFANA
- Getting a taste of Spain on wheels from the Got Paella Food Truck
- Enjoying sweet treats with churros from Churros X Chocolate
- Showing off their angelic look inside the Living Angel Wings Photo Booth
- Dancing to the beat of DJ Giancarlo
Tickets are now available for purchase $10 members / $25 nonmembers on the Museum’s website. Online ticketing closes at 2:00 p.m. on the day of the event. Pending availability, tickets will be available for purchase $15 for members / $35 for nonmembers at the door starting at 5:30 p.m. on the day of the event.