At Tajima’s Mercury location, celebrate Comic-Con with their specialty FIRECRACKER! cocktail. This yogurt-based beverage, made with Japanese shochu, plum wine and a sweet explosion of popping candy crystals not only looks impressive, but the taste is truly out of this world!
4411 Mercury Street Ste 110, San Diego, CA 92111
This Gaslamp District hotspot will feature a whole lineup of special drinks only available during Comic-Con weekend. Locals and visitors to San Diego can stop in to barleymash to rest their feet and sip on cocktails like the Pop Tart Party with Skyy Vanilla Vodka, fresh strawberry and a pop tart rim, the Capri Sun Cooler, Toucan Sam, Cuckoo for Cocoand Cinnamon Toast Crunch shots!
600 Fifth Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101
Stop into this retro bar and eatery for a specialty Comic-Con menu featuring bites like roasted chicken Deadpool Drumettes, served with homemade ranch and cayenne sauce, a ¼ lb. Captain America Slider and Chips and The Hulk salad. Take a break from all the action and enjoy a plate of Juggernachos, topped with smoked chili and poblano cheese sauce, topped with sour cream and jalapeños.
555 Market Street, San Diego, CA 92101
It’s heroes vs. villains in just over a week at Puesto in San Diego! In the spirit of Comic-Con 2018, San Diego’s favorite taco spot will be offering several comic-themed menu items during the convention. In addition to its regular menu, Puesto will offer the following (linked HERE) at both San Diego locations:
- El Hero: filet mignon wrapped in crispy melted cheese, Maine lobster claws, avocado, crispy onion strings, Hero sauce.
- The Villain Taco ($8): seared pork belly, oregano crema, strawberry corn salsa
- The Sidekick Cocktail ($12): Vida Mezcal, Guanabana, housemade tamarindo soda, lime leaf, charred orange
- The Love Interest Dessert ($5): petite charred mango cheesecake with almond corn crust and mango Jamaica coulis
*Guests are encouraged to “collect all four” for a total of $27.*
Channel your inner superhero at Gaslamp District hot spot, Searsucker San Diego, where the cocktails are inspired by all the best cape-wearing characters. Sip on the Star-Lord, the official cocktail of Comic Con, made with Pimm’s #1, Bruised Basil, Pressed Lemon, and Pickled Carrot Extra Special Sipsmith Gin, or cheers with the Black Panther, made with Maker’s Mark Bourbon, Blackberries, Mint, and Lemon. You can also boom, smash, and ka-pow with super women beverages like The Wasp made with El Silencio Mezcal, Peach, Lime, and Terragon, or Black Widow made with House Infused Red Wine, Peach Schnapps, Triple Sec, and Fresh Fruit.
To get off to an action-packed start, Searsucker will be offering its Bottomless Mimosa Brunch from Thursday-Sunday 10am-2:30pm, full of all the New American favorites like French Toast, Shrimp n’ Grits, and Buttermilk Fried Chicken. If you are searching for a mid-day pick me up, Happy Hour will follow at 2:30pm, where you can grab all the themed cocktails to keep your *super* adventures going all weekend long! Check out the following Facebook link for more details: https://www.facebook.com/events/203454490357494/.
The original home of Comic-Con, THE US GRANT Hotel, the historic luxury downtown property, is the original location of first ever Comic-Con, which was held in 1970. Regular Comic-Con celebrity sightings include Conan O’Brien and Aisha Tyler, to name a few. During this year’s Comic-Con, THE US GRANT is getting into the sequel chatter with its new voodoo cocktail menu launching ahead of the July 19-22 event. Located front row to the action, The Grant Grill is known for shaking up Downtown’s cocktail scene. This summer, it’s all about the Lucky Alligator Tooth made with Rogue Spirits Voodoo vodka, chartreuse and Lillet, while The Haitian Gentleman features Rhum Barbancourt 15-year old Haitian rum, créme de cacao and R&D smoked bitters. (Past hits have included the White Walker, Tohrren Square and the Bitter Yoda). With fans clamoring for a “Doctor Strange” sequel, rumors are swirling that the Marvel series will bring Brother Voodoo to the big screen. The character is a New Orleans supernatural superhero who ends up becoming Haiti’s champion and is an ally to various superheroes, including Spider-Man and Black Panther.
In addition to boasting an interactive Comic-Con display, Manchester Grand Hyatt is celebrating the festival with the following specials:
- Gamora (Top of the Hyatt) – Souza tequila, midori, lime juice, sweet and sour
- Black Panther (Grand Lobby Bar) – Malibu rum, blue curaçao, raspberry puree, soda and pineapple
- Iron Man (Brew30) – Crown royal, peach schnapps, lemonade and grenadine
- Luke Sywalker (Sally’s Fish House & Bar) – Bacardi rum, Malibu rum, tuaca, pineapple juice and blue curaçao
- Princess Leia (Sally’s Fish House & Bar) – Stoli blueberry vodka, lime, muddled with mint and blackberries and a flower garnish
- C3P0 (Sally’s Fish House & Bar) – Don Julio reposed tequila, grand mariner, Cointreau, lemon and lime
- Darth Maul (Sally’s Fish House & Bar) – Prairie cucumber vodka, house made Bloody Mary mix, garnished with crab leg, blacked shrimp, olive and lime
- The Incredible Hulk Burger (Brew30) – Two 100% Gamma Ray Double Exposed Beef, with Mutated Lettuce, Tomato, Guacamole with our own Uncanny House Sauce.
- Jedi Salad and Galatic Tuna Wonton (Sally’s Fish House & Bar) – Asian greens, red cabbage, roasted baby carrots, togarashi seared tuna, avocado, wasabi mayo, sweet seaweed and storm trooper sauce.
- Deadpool Pizza (Grand Lobby Bar) – Cheese, pepperoni and black olives.