It’s a big month of San Diego’s favorite taqueria, City Tacos! Not only is the taco shop opening two new locations, in Imperial Beach (already open) and Encinitas, but they’re also offering a delicious Taco of the Month, the Mahi al Mango.
During the month of March, taste the flavorful combo of curry marinated fresh mahi-mahi with sweet and tangy mango and pineapple. Onion, spinach, apricot dressing and a drizzle of mango cream sauce ensure this is one taco you won’t want to miss out on.
And for those who truly love it, you can now make this tasty taco is your own home, using the recipe below:
Mahi al Mango Taco Recipe
Courtesy of City Tacos
Serving Size: 4
- 8 oz mahi mahi filet
- Sprinkle of curry powder
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 oz of spinach
- 2 oz of apricot vinaigrette
- 2 oz caramelized pineapple
- 2 oz pickled onion
- 2 oz mango cream sauce – combo of mango dressing, lime juice and mayonnaise
- Heat a pan on the stove, on medium heat, and add olive oil
- Cover mahi-mahi filet with curry and cook in pan until done (3 – 4 minutes on each side)
- Divide mahi-mahi filet into four and place in flour tortillas
- Add spinach, apricot vinaigrette, pineapple and onion
- In a small bowl, mix together mango dressing, lime juice and mayonnaise until combined.
- Drizzle each taco with the mango cream sauce