National Ice Cream Day is Sunday, July 19 and Mission Hills’ newest scoop shop Mr. Trustee Creamery is celebrating in the days leading up to it. Mr. Trustee’s Executive Pastry Chef Jeremy Harville is partnering with local celebrity chefs to celebrate an American classic and help support the scoop shop that just opened in May in the midst of the pandemic.
A full schedule with details is available below. Additional information on TBD flavors will be unveiled closer to the date via Mr. Trustee’s Instagram.
– Wednesday, July 15: The Friendly’s Chef Brandon Zanavich Special Flavor Release
o Gâteau Basque: toasted almond ice cream with cherry and caramelized flakey pastry
– Wednesday, July 15 & Thursday, July 16: Madre Churros & Cacao’s Chef Janeé Gutierrez Vegan Pint Pre-Order Release
o Horchata Oat Milk Vegan Ice Cream w/ Vegan Cajeta Swirl
o Limited Quantity Vegan Churros
– Thursday, July 16: All flavors (except the vegan option) will be available as scoops & pints
– Friday, July 17: Callie Restaurant’s (opening soon) Chef Travis Swikard Special Flavor Release
o Halvah White Chocolate/ Chocolate Chip: A Middle Eastern sesame paste candy
– Saturday, July 18: CH Project’s Chef Jason McLeod Special Flavor Release
o Flavor TBD
– Sunday, July 19: Top Chef Star Claudette Zepeda Special Flavor Release
o Flavor TBD
Scooping hours are Monday through Thursday from 4 pm to 9 pm and Friday through Sunday from 12 pm to 9 pm. Guests can also currently find Mr. Trustee ice cream at sibling restaurants Trust, Fort Oak and Cardellino.