Love is in the air, and everyone knows that the way to a loved one’s heart is through the gift of food! Give your S.O. a pizzayour heart this Valentine’s Day with a fresh and healthy twist on the classic pizza. This fun and easy recipe is ideal for spending some quality kitchen time with your partner with the promise of a tasty reward! Shape your pizza into a heart for a romantic surprise this season of love.
No one knows pizza better than Woodstock’s Pizza, a hometown favorite of college students, surfers, and locals alike up and down the California coast. Dedicated to a healthy philosophy for pizza with high quality ingredients including whole-milk mozzarella, nitrate free meats, and low-fat and gluten-free options, Woodstock’s has created the ultimate pizza to cure your munchies while keeping your body happy and healthy: the Grateful Veg Pizza! In this recipe, hearty and flavorful ingredients come together to satisfy your deepest cravings, loaded with sliced bell peppers, fresh tomatoes, and vegan crust for this crowd-pleasing pizza. This fun, filling, and versatile dish is extremely easy to make at home!
The Grateful Veg
Recipe Courtesy of Woodstock’s Pizza
Serves a 12” Medium Pizza
- White, whole wheat, or gluten-free premade pizza dough
- 1 cup zesty red sauce
- 1 ¼ cups of 100% whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 3 ½ ounces of pre-sliced white mushrooms
- 2 ounces of sliced onions
- 3 ounces of sliced bell pepper medley (banana peppers, yellow peppers, red peppers)
- 2 ounces of sliced black olives
- 5 ½ ounces of sliced fresh tomatoes
- Roll the dough flat on a non-stick surface and shape into a heart.
- Spread red sauce on the rolled-out pizza dough.
- Fold the edges of the pizza dough in to create a folded-over, sauce-stuffed crust.
- Evenly spread 100% whole milk mozzarella cheese over the dough.
- Add the mushrooms, onions, bell pepper medley, and black olives, spreading evenly over the dough.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 450 degrees, until pizza is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and top generously with fresh-sliced tomatoes.