Bitter and bold in all the right places, Negroni debuts at Officine Buona Forchetta this June to stir up some good during the 5th annual Negroni Week. Equal parts gin, Campari, and sweet vermouth, this ruby-red concoction gets a playful makeover from Officine’s Bar Manager, Alessandro Riva. His Peppegroni offers cocktail aficionados a bold blend of Italian liquors such as Antica Formula Carpano and St. George Bruto Americano, a cousin to the classic Campari spirit. A house-made peppercorn-infused Campari tops off this boozy affair, with a few slices of red and green bell peppers adding a pop of color and dose of intrigue, if only for a limited time. All Peppegroni proceeds to benefit Crave McKinley Elementary School Art Program.
PEPPEGRONI | $15
Antica Formula Carpano
St. George Dry Rye
St. George Bruto Americano
Red + Green Bell Pepper Garnish
Available June 5 – 11 at Officine Buona Forchetta
2865 Sims Rd, San Diego, CA 92106
ABOUT OFFICINE BUONA FORCHETTA: A spin-off of the beloved South Park eatery, Officine Buona Forchetta blends award winning Neapolitan-style pies and Northern Italian upscale entrees in a family-friendly, approachable space. Located in the heart of Liberty Station, the 2,600-square foot restaurant boasts two oversized patios, offering families their very own seating complete with playground and a secure space to romp while parents enjoy their meals. Inside, two gilded ovens, helmed by Pizza World Champion and Pizzaiolo Marcello Avitabile, churns out classic creations, while the main kitchen serves up chef-driven entrees at an affordable price point. Partners Matteo Cattaneo and Mario Cassineri brought the Italian warehouse-style eatery to life with industrial seating, hand-drawn murals, and a vintage Fiat repurposed into a table for two. Officine Buona Forchetta serves lunch and dinner Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 12 – 3 p.m. and 5 – 9:30 p.m., Friday from 12 – 3 p.m. and 5 – 10:30 p.m., Saturday 12 – 10:30 p.m., and Sunday 12 – 9 p.m.
In honor of negroni week, all of the bartenders at Kettner have created their own spin on the classic. Proceeds will be donated to the local charity One More Wave.
Beverage Director Steven Tuttle’s passion for giving back to our military led the team to partner with One More Wave – a local non-profit that helps wounded or disabled veterans get back into surfing by providing customized equipment and assistance. Locals can support the cause by ordering a refreshing negroni between June 5-11, or stopping by the Thursday June 8th charity event at 7 p.m. at Kettner Exchange.
The following is an impressive list of offerings, and the cocktail connoisseurs that created them.
- A Willing Foe (Steven Tuttle, Beverage Director)
- Navy Strength Rum, Campari, Sweet Vermouth, Lemon, Grapefruit, Rhubarb Bitters
- Rad Negroni, Bro (Paulina Konja, Bar Manager)
- Gin, Campari, Sweet Vermouth, Steigl Grapefruit Radler
- Gigroni (Eric Giger, Bartender)
- Gin, Campari, Amaro Ciacarro, Byrhh
- Campari Daiquiri (Christina Valdez, Bartender)
- Extra Dry White Rum, Campari, Lime, Demerara, Peychaud’s Bitters
- Vampure (Claire Sexton, Bartender)
- Blood Orange Infused Extra Dry White Rum, Cocchi Americano, Campari, Lemon, Peychaud’s Bitters
- Smoke & Velvet (Owen Ingalls, Bartender)
- Mezcal, Cocchi di Torino, Cappelletti, Campari, Crack Salt, Absinthe, Champagne
- The Poser (Isaac Benavides, Bartender)
- Mezcal, Campari, Blood Orange, Cinnamon, Carpano Bianco Champagne
- The Mrs. Bitterman (Julie Scott, Server)
- Gin, Campari, Poblano Verde Liqueur, Bitter Bianca
- Gin, Campari, Sweet Vermouth
- Left Hand Cocktail
- Bourbon, Campari, Sweet Vermouth, Mole Bitters
- Right Hand Cocktail
- Aged Rum, Campari, Sweet Vermouth, Mole Bitters
- Famiglia Reale
- Gin, Campari, Sweet Vermouth, Champagne
- Rye, Campari, Sweet Vermouth
- New Pal
- Scotch, Campari, Dry Vermouth