It’s that time of year! The fresh evening air is a reminder that the cooler, coastal autumn is finally upon us. To mark the season, San Diego’s largest urban winery, Carruth Cellars, is hosting their beloved annual Reserve Wine Sale at their Cedros Avenue Solana Beach tasting room on November 7th and 8th from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. This is a rare opportunity to pick up some of Carruth’s award-winning wines and limited vintages from 2010-2016, which typically go for $40-80 per bottle, at a lower price. This year, groups of up to six ticket holders will be able to enjoy 12 tastings each of reserve wines along with a personal wood-fired pizza and custom event glass. Carruth’s 10th Annual Reserve Wine Sale is a metered, reservation-only event and tasting stations will be spread throughout the tasting room and sanitized according to guidelines.
For wine lovers not wanting to attend a tasting, they can still stock up during the sale at the designated outdoor table — no reservation required.
With the holiday season upon us, it’s an absolute necessity to have a few nice bottles of wine at home. Perfect for gift giving or making a toast over a holiday meal, a discount bottle of Carruth Cellars’ award-winning wine is the ultimate score.
- November 7th and 8th
- 11am – 7pm, while supplies last
- Location: Carruth Cellars’ Solana Beach Tasting Room, 118 S Cedros Ave.
- Ticket prices: $55 for public, $45 for wine club members
- Must reserve in advance for the tasting — groups of up to 6 people allowed
- This metered event will be socially distanced and sanitized
Noteworthy wines available at the sale:
Vintages from 2010-2016
- 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon made with grapes sourced from the Alexander Valley; San Francisco Chronicle DOUBLE GOLD winner
- 2012 Syrah made with grapes sourced from Sonoma; San Francisco Chronicle GOLD winner
- 2014 Cabernet Franc made with grapes sourced from Alexander Valley; San Francisco Chronicle GOLD winner
- 2014 Malbec with grapes sourced from Lake County; San Francisco Chronicle GOLD winner