There’s no arguing that the Buffalo Wing is the King of all of party foods. Why? Well, first of all they are easy to share. Second, their flavor is enhanced by swigs of beer. Lastly, they even have their own national holiday celebrating their sauciness!
With July 29th being National Chicken Wing Day, Pillbox Tavern’s Fuego Wing Recipe is sure to spice up the dog days of summer with a hot twist on the traditional wing flavor. This backyard BBQ favorite starts with Franks Buffalo Sauce and butter and then adds the must-have ingredients of cayenne, black pepper, Cajun seasoning, red pepper flakes and serrano peppers.
Pillbox Tavern, a “retro modern” beach bar located in Solana Beach, has a fearless line-up of savory wings that’ll leave even the most die-heart fan satisfied without complaints. With an entire section of the menu dedicated to its 13 different house-made sauces, Pillbox knows its wings and now you will too!
(858) 436-7016 · 117 W Plaza St, Solana Beach, CA 92075 · www.pillboxtavern.com
Buffalo Fuego Chicken Wing Recipe
Recipe Courtesy of Pillbox Tavern
Serving size: 20-30 pounds of wings
Buffalo Fuego Sauce
1 jar Franks Buffalo Sauce
1 stick butter
2 ounce cayenne
1 ounce black pepper
1 ounce Cajun seasoning
2 ounces red pepper flakes
6 Serrano Peppers (each diced small)
- Place all ingredients in a pot and cook the sauce down until the butter is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Take the pot off the stove and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, pour the sauce into a large container that is labeled and dated.
Note: This recipe yields one gallon of sauce that can be refrigerated and used throughout the summer.
20-30 lbs. chicken wings
Shaved Parmesan cheese (as preferred)
- Rub the wings with your favorite rub and bake them in the oven at 350 degrees for about an hour or until cooked and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and toss wings Buffalo Fuego Sauce.
- Place wings on the grill until they are crisp, top with shaved parmesan cheese and serve.
- Coast and fry the wings until they are crispy.
- Toss them in the Buffalo Fuego sauce and place in the oven at 350 degrees to bake for 15-20 minutes.