Berry Sweet French Toast Recipe
Staying home this Valentine’s Day? While this romantic holiday might look a little different this year, you can still up the ante like a true gourmand with this perfect breakfast-in-bed recipe from Fig Tree Café!
Pacific Beach | Liberty Station
Berry Sweet French Toast
Recipe Courtesy of Fig Tree Cafe
Serving Size: 4
- Brioche bread 1” thick: 8 slices
- Heavy cream: 1 quart
- Eggs yolk’s: 12 each
- Brown sugar: ½ cup
- Vanilla extract: 1 tablespoon
- Spiced rum: 1 tablespoon
- Mix ingredients with a whisk.
- Dip brioche bread in the mix and place on a medium heat sauce pan.
- Cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Cut in half and place on a serving plate.
- Frozen mixed berries: 1 pound
- Lime juice: 1 tablespoon
- Fine sugar: 1 cup
- Cream cheese: 1 cup
- Condensed milk: ¼ cup
- Chopped strawberries: 1 cup
- Black berries: 12 each
- Add frozen mixed berries, lime juice and fine sugar to a medium pot and bring to simmer.
- When berries get soft, blend until smooth.
- Set aside to cool down.
- Mix cream cheese and condensed milk in a bowl.
- Top French toast with jam mix, cream cheese cause and fresh berries.