Housed inside THE US GRANT, a Luxury Collection Hotel located in Downtown San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter, the Grant Grill offers fine dining at its best, with attentive service and classic touches of wood paneling, cream linens, and soft candlelight.
Warm Focaccia Bread
The large bar area is a perfect location for after-work relaxing or setting the mood for a great evening. Guests can enjoy live music playing regularly, and wonderful happy hours, while Executive Chef Mark Kropczynski highlights an ever-evolving menu with local produce, fresh seafood, and prime meats. Grant Grill
» Read more
Fall In New England
In the spirit of the holiday season, Grant Grill’s Chef de Bar, Cory Alberto is pleased to present his new seasonal winter cocktail menu – The Giving Tree.
Created in tandem with lead mixologist Jeff Josenhans’ new cider project to launch in early 2017, Cory Alberto takes advantage of all that nature has to offer this time of year, with The Giving Tree cocktail menu, also based off his favorite children’s book by legendary, Shel Silverstein. Each cocktail is inspired by a gift from trees including flavors from oak and apple trees, or smoke driven flavors from wood, bark, or fruit.
New additions to Grant Grill’s winter cocktail menu, The Giving Tree, showcase everything from cedar and blossom foam to flaming cinnamon sticks and more.
» Read more
For visitors and locals alike these restaurants are sure to provide unforgettable evenings offering both traditional Thanksgiving buffets with favorites like roasted turkey and herb stuffing, to three and four-course dinners with unique savory and sweet selections.
Tidal at Paradise Point Resort & Spa | Mission Bay
Gather at Paradise Point Resort & Spa’s signature restaurant, Tidal, right on the shores of San Diego’s Mission Bay for a coastal dining experience this Thanksgiving. Chef Dan Tangalin welcomes you to taste a festive three-course Thanksgiving dinner with optional wine pairings. Seasonal savory menu highlights include apple and walnut salad, butternut squash soup, brown sugar brined free range turkey, maple leaf duck breast, apple cider-coriander glazed pork cheeks, and more followed by delectable desserts such as pumpkin mousse. Reservations are recommended and available from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. (Adults $65, wine pairings $25, kids $32) with vegetarian and kids options available. To make a reservation call, 858.490.6363.
» Read more
With San Diego Restaurant Week approaching on September 25 – October 2, we’re sharing following local dining destinations offering special menus. Locals can delight in flavors of fall, prix-fixe menus and more from these restaurants in downtown up to North County.
Rustic Root | Downtown San Diego, CA
Experience a dynamic menu of flavorful American cuisine at Rustic Root in the heart of the Gaslamp District. The special San Diego Restaurant Week menu spotlights signature dishes created with unique and tasty twist. A selection of appetizers includes truffle cheese toast, salmon tartar and the rustic wedge; entrees such as potato chip crusted sea bass and rustic shepherd’s pie; and dessert options of caramelized lemon poundcake and chocolate lava. This special menu is $40 with the option of adding a $15 wine pairing per person. Full menu, here.
1500 Ocean at Hotel del Coronado | Coronado, CA
During San Diego Restaurant Week enjoy a delectable three-course dining experience at Hotel del Coronado’s signature restaurant, 1500 Ocean. The three-course menu prepared by Chef de Cuisine Meredith Manee will feature an epicurean adventure that pairs the bounty of the sea and San Diego farms with herb and vegetables from Hotel del Coronado’s beachfront garden. The all encompassing dining experience spotlights California Coastal cuisine and will be paired with boutique wines, a spectacular ocean view, and a dazzling sunset. Dinner at 1500 Ocean during San Diego Restaurant Week is $50 per person and an additional $40 with wine pairings, not including tax or gratuity. For reservations please call 619.522.8490 or visit HotelDel.com.
» Read more
As the summer months come to a close, Grant Grill has launched new dinner menu items to preview the flavors of fall. In addition, in turn with the change of season Chef de Bar, Cory Alberto is pleased to present his new seasonal cocktail menu – The Magnificent 7.
New additions to Grant Grill’s dinner menu include fowl, foie gras and more for fall from Executive Chef Mark Kropczynski. Highlight dishes include:
- Heirloom tomatoes, cold poached Maine lobster, Bloody Mary gelee, and celery salt crisp
- Foie gras torchon, black peppercorn brioche, and apricots
- Roasted duck breast, dried fruit couscous, farmer’s market figs, brussel sprouts, complete with white balsamic
- Pan-roasted lamb rack, ras-el-hanout, braised lamb shank, goat cheese panisse, and espresso
» Read more
Check out these cool Summer cocktails during Comic-Con on July 21st-24th.
Searsucker San Diego
Located in the epicenter of downtown San Diego’s historic Gaslamp Quarter, Searsucker downtown serves a playful menu of classic twists on New American cuisine and an array of moth-watering cocktails. Just blocks from the San Diego Convention Center and offering a great patio on Fifth Avenue for superhero and zombie watching, Searsucker is transforming their entire cocktail menu from July 21 through 24 to pay tribute to some of Comic-Con’s greatest characters and blockbuster movies including DC Comic’s Suicide Squad, Game of Thrones, The Simpsons, Iron Man and more. The full Comic-Con cocktail menu can be found here.
Name: Tai Me a River | Comic-Con Name: The
Rum Isn’t Always Gone
Name: Fizzy Lifter | Comic-Con Name: Jokes on Quinn
Name: Flower & Vince | Comic-Con Name: Ivy’s Sweet Relief
Name: Far South of the Border | Comic-Con Name: Fantastic Beasts + Where to Find Them
Name: Hearts on Fuego | Comic-Con Name: Mother of Dragons
Name: Buffalo Soldier | Comic-Con Name: Tony Stark
Name: Drunken Luchador | Comic-Con Name: Cloak and Cowl
Name: Fifth + Market | Comic-Con Name: I Said My Name Is Ajax
Name: French Squeezed | Comic-Con Name: Homer Sips On
» Read more
It’s no secret that the MLB All-Star Game is taking over San Diego next month from Friday, July 8 – Tuesday, July 12. The nearly sold out games featuring the best of the best from Major League Baseball have inspired local restaurants from around the city to dream up some baseball-themed dishes and specials.
» Read more
Just in time for summer, Grant Grill’s Chef de Bar, Cory Alberto has launched his newest seasonal cocktail menu curated with nautical intention. The menu spins off of traditional maritime tales, and includes distinctive coastal-inspired flavors and ingredients. Where better to enjoy cocktails like the new Star of India, infused with Old Harbor Navy Strength, then in the heart of San Diego, one of the largest port cities and Naval bases.
» Read more
HOUDINI’S BIRTHDAY DINNER – AND – MARCH MAGIC EXTRAVAGANZA
In honor of magician Harry Houdini’s birthday (he would have been 142 years old on March 24) the “magicians in the kitchen” at The Grant Grill are putting together a fun, magic-inspired pairing dinner on March 24th.
Cory Alberto will be pairing fun, mystic cocktails (plus wine) with a four-course mystery menu. Think fun molecular gastronomy ‘tricks’ and creative dishes that add a little ‘magic’ to dinner. Plus, a little table-side magic via magician Ben Silver!
- 6 PM : COCKTAIL RECEPTION
- Molecular Mixology by Grant Grill Chef de Bar Cory Alberto
- Sommelier Magic and Center Stage Illusions by Ben Silver Magic
- 7 PM : MARCH MAGIC DINNER
- Four Course “Mystery Menu” designed around the element of surprise by Grant Grill Executive Chef Mark Kropczynski
- An Unexpected Mix of Cocktails, Beer and Wines paired with each course
- Table Side Entertainment – Parlor Magic and Mentalism by Ben Silver Magic
- Pricing: $165 per person, plus tax and gratuity
- Location: Grant Grill, 326 Broadway, San Diego, CA, 92101
- Date/Time: 6:00 p.m. Thursday, March 24th
» Read more
Don’t stop for just your average cocktail, sip in style and try a new music-inspired menu of libations– created just in time for awards season.
Known for shaking up some of the nation’s best cocktails, the beverage team at Grant Grill knows how to surprise and delight with the launch of their new music-inspired cocktail menu by Chef de Bar, Cory Alberto’s favorite musicians. The menu titled, “Kind of Blue” draws flavors from Chicago Jazz musician, Howlin’ Wolf’s favorite things to the flavors of BB King’s southern roots.
- Howlin’ Wolf – Johnny Walker Red, Cane Sugar, Chocolate and Angostura Bitters, Cigar Foam
- Named after Cory’s favorite jazz musician, Howlin’ Wolf, Chicago blues singer and guitarist – bringing together two of his favorite things, scotch and cigars
- Lady Ella – Remy Martin 1738, Crème Yvette, Rose Water, Tangerine, Prosecco
- Named after Ella Fitzgerald’s piano player who’s sipped cocktails at Grant Grill
- Lucille – Huckleberry Infused Dickel White Whiskey, Blue Curacao, Lemon, Honey, Egg White
- Named after the most famous guitar of all time, BB King’s. The recipe pays homage to his Southern roots – moonshine, berries, and a dark purple/blue coloring
- Wipeout – Mt Gay Black Barrel US Grant Blend Rum, El Silencio Mezcal, La Gitana Sherry, Tarragon Orgeat, Lime, Pineapple, Tiki Bitters, Splash Absinthe
- Named after Dick Dale, the King of Surf Guitar. Drink is served is a tiki glass and set on fire
- Ali Farka – Avua Cachaca, Lime, Acai Berry Puree, Splash Aquavit
- Named after Ali Farka, the Blues guitarist from Africa who lived in Brazil most of his life and where the recipe’s inspiration comes from
- Preservation Hall – Mt Gay Black Barrel US Grant Blend Rum, Hennessy VS Cognac, Fonseca Ruby Port, Amaro Nonino, Orange and Peychaud’s Bitters
- Named after the famous music venue in the French Quarter of New Orleans