World Chocolate Day coming up on July 7th, and, Breakfast Company has released the recipe for their beloved S’mores Waffle – perfect for home chefs and those looking to shake up breakfast in honor of the occasion.
Recipe courtesy of Breakfast Company
- Gluten Free Waffle Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Cups Buttermilk
- 3 Cups GF Waffle/Pancake flour (We use Deanna’s)
- 3 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 1/2 Cup Milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 Cup Heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp Powdered sugar
- Marshmallow fluff
- Graham cracker crumbs
- For the waffle mix, whisk eggs and buttermilk together, slowly add flour and whisk in until mix is smooth. Finally, whisk in the melted butter.
- For the ganache. Place chocolate chips in a bowl. Bring heavy cream to a simmer and then pour over chips. Let sit for 1 minute and then whisk to form a smooth ganache. Once it starts thickening a little, add the sifted powdered sugar and refrigerate until ganache becomes firm.
- Grease up your waffle iron and scoop 1/2 cup of waffle mix cook until done.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop some ganache on top of the waffle. Add desired amount of marshmallow fluff, and burn slightly with a torch. Finally, top with graham crackers.